MIAM

MIAM

Friday, 10 February 2017

Five On Friday - Charity Shop Spends

The sun graced us with it's presence this week, albeit very briefly, so I took the opportunity to dash outside with my camera and draped my recent finds around the garden... it's still too dark inside for a decent photo shoot for my liking.  I've bought a few things recently, you can tell me what you think in the comments below!


 Boden shirt bought in Lewes, pricey county town of East Sussex.  I didn't try it on, although it's size 14 and I am generally a 10/12, Boden garments are usually on the small side so I took a gamble.  It is slightly too large but I can probably get away with it...or get it taken in. 


I bought this Next jacket because I liked the colour (more rasberry than the tomato of this pic!) and was fed up with looking like Drab Mary in my khaki parka.  I realize it looks boring in this photo, but once on it doesn't look too bad. I crocheted a flower brooch to add some interest, which I've forgotten to photograph. 
 I paid £4.99 but don't ask me where. 

 I stumbled across this silk Chinese robe (never worn, still with labels attached) in Dr. Barnado East Grinstead and thought it would be ideal to take to my holiday home in France.




I love the vibrant colour and embroidery and couldn't believe they were only asking £2.99.  As I was paying, the bloke behind the counter rolled his eyes and remarked ' I didn't price it!'




 I also found this French shirt in Dr. Barnado, again never worn.  The contrast fabric on the cuffs, collar and placket drew me to it, although Lord knows what I'll wear with it.  A bit of an impulse buy at £4.99!


Last up is this denim bag that I spotted just as I was leaving the Cancer Research shop, again in EG.  I've been after a denim bag for ages and although this was not really what I had in mind  it was in good condition and the right size.  Originally it had a label with the brand name on, which I thought was slightly mannish, (is it a man bag?) so I removed it and added a crocheted flower.  It's very roomy and holds camera, brolly, purse and woman stuff with ease.  I think I paid around a fiver.


As you can see, charity shop prices here in the south east are pricier than further north, but now and again there are still bargains to be had and I've the Scout and Guide jumble sale to look forward to next month...the excitement in my life just now, knows no bounds!
Found anything exciting in the chazzas yourself recently?   

Linking up with Amy for Five on Frday

28 comments:

  1. Some great finds and at a fraction of the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the denim bag! And I'd use the Boden shirt as an overshirt. It would look realy good with a plain blue t-shirt under it and a chunky necklace. Excellent finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, goody, I was looking forward to seeing your finds. I would have gone for the Boden shirt too. And I learned something, as I didn't know Lewes was East Sussex's county town. Love the vibrant blue of that Chinese robe, and how you personalized the bag with the crocheted flower. The chazzas here have been disappointing lately (they have an event coming up, for which they save up their good stuff), but I've found some nice things at last week's flea market. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you weren't disappointed Ann! Yes the Boden shirt was so loud and cheerful I couldn't leave it behind.

      Delete
  4. You did do well! I love the French shirt and the Chinese wrap and that Next jacket has a really cool 1950s rockabilly look to it, like you say, just the thing to inject some colour into these drab days.
    You've got me all fired up for a chazza spree - maybe next week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The French shirt is quality but I've nothing to wear with it and I'll be too cold without another layer... blimey I sound just like my nan!
    Sending you luck for your spree.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovely finds, love the colour of the jacket and the chinese robe. The bag is great and such a good idea to attach the flower over the label:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some excellent finds here, Fiona the red jacket will really brighten up your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all pretty, and I love that bag! I see that you're a Francophile. If I ever get to Paris or Normandy, I'm pretty sure that could happen to me. Suzan from Simply Vintageous blog keeps showing photos of her trip to Paris. Oh my goodness!! In the meantime, I remain an Anglophile. :-) So fun to find your blog. Thanks for popping in to visit this morning. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The jacket is stunning. I'd love to have one just like it. If the flowered blouse is a little large, just wear it like a jacket over a white shell. It would be lovely. That's what I do when my blouse is too small, but it works for too large also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super stylish and very thrifty finds! I adore the exotic blue kimono!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds! My favorites are the red jacket and the french shirt. I will next week look by German Red Cross for some clothes, because I gave so much away last week, the size was to small for me now. Such shops we haven't here in our little town

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! Haven't you done well! I love your two blouses - they are magnificent. I can't resist a floral pattern and I love the contrast of the cuffs, collar and placket on the French blouse. I wore a Boden jacket this week but I found it a little larger than I expected and the sleeves were too long - but most sleeves are in my case!

    The red raspberry jacket will look great with a crocheted brooch on it and I love the brooch you made for your denim bag.

    The Chinese gown is gorgeous; I can see you sitting on your patio/verandah/decking in France enjoying a morning coffee and looking tres glam!

    Have a great weekend.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness me that Chinese robe is gorgeous, what a find.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Fiona, what great finds! A fun five. I really enjoy thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some great busy, love the jacket and bag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've found some wonderful clothing items. That Chinese robe is such a rich colour - you'll feel like royalty wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello,Fiona!
    I enjoyed your clothing items! Great finds! The first blue shirt makes me think spring is just around the corner. I like the red color on the jacket! Red color makes women feel powerful. What a sweet blue bag! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love thrift shopping - you found some great items.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what a lovely haul! given the prices of brand new items in the shops (not that I look that often) I think you have some fab bargains there. I love the blousy flowers on that Boden shirt, the jacket is gorgeous (why is red such a bugger to photograph), the kimono and French shirt are stunners and that bag is very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely finds Fiona and a great way to display them! It has been really hard to get decent pictures inside. Not usually keen on coats or jackets but like your Next one, and that new silk robe was a steal! I've a shirt similar to the French one you found - love it, but never quite sure what to wear it with either x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your post is making me want to do a bit of shopping! The shirt on top is very pretty, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great finds! Love the Boden blouse and coat. Winter coats should be be bright colours to cheer up bleak grey days.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OOoh, I like everything you bought esp the French blouse- niiiiiiiiiiiiiice details! The coat doesn't look boring, it looks really jolly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Top finds. I love the Chinese robe and the French shirt. Gotta love the chazzas and seeing your finds is making me want to nip off and see what I can find.xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the new French shirt! It has a spring allure ... I am sure that you will style it nicely.
    I think I would love with a blue skirt ...
    There are days that really need to be brighten up and you have found the perfect jacket!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You can surely find treasures at charity shops. I love the Chinese silk robe! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've just had a huge clothes sort out and came across the exact same floral Boden blouse as in your first shot Fiona. The shirt with the contrasting cuffs is really pretty and I can understand why you snatched it up too. And the silk robe looks lovely for a bit of luxurious lounging around.

    Wishing you a fab week x
    Anna
    www.annasislandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!