MIAM

MIAM

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Read All About It

Just dropping by with one last, very simple card made at the weekend for this week's Less Is More challenge, where the brief is newsprint.  


Items used
page from an Italian book 
Shabby Shutters DI 
Pear Tart Memento Ink
Crafts Too embossing folder
card and button from my stash.



I say one last card as this will be my final post for a while, I'm taking a blogging sabbatical.
I've been feeling ambivalent towards my blog lately, while it started life as a vehicle for me to enter card challenges, it has evolved into something a bit different and largely it's purpose now is recording my life.  It's a useful tool to mark events and everyday happenings also, which I like to look back at. But everyday happenings are not terribly exciting ....people don't want to hear about my blocked gutters and knackered oven do they?  I struggle to write about stuff when life is...well, just ordinary and I don't want it to feel like a chore.  So I'm taking a break for a few weeks, possibly months, in the hope that a hiatus will give me the impetus and renewed enthusiasm that I feel I am in need of.  I shall still be coming by to see all of you of course, I'm far too nosy to give that up!  Big thanks to all of you out there for reading so far,  I hope you'll all hang in there with me but guess that's a risk I'll have to take.

Ciao for now
x

19 comments:

  1. That card might be one of my favourites. Love the button and the simplicity of the design.
    I completely understand the need for a break but I'll miss seeing you pop up in my side bar,
    Hurry back and stay in touch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card hun, love your super tree, the button is the perfect touch.
    Will miss you being around, but hope that after a good rest you come back to us feeling refreshed, and I don't mind hearing about your blocked gutters! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card - I'd be very happy to receive one like that. No worries about taking time to recharge - we'll still be here when you come back, reinvigorated and ready to blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Fiona. Gorgeous card. Totally understand about needing a blogging break - when it feels like a chore, it ain't fun no more…feel a bit the same really. I'll miss you though xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is lovely in its simplicity. Yes, they're funny things, blogs, aren't they? Sometimes you can see the point, other times, not. If you feel in need of a break, then that's the perfect time to take one. Be a good chance to get those gutters unblocked ;) i'll still be here when you come back, and hopefully we'll get to catch up at the next bloggers' day out. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fiona, this is super fun, super chic and right on trend. Thanks for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super stylish card Fiona!
    Enjoy your blog break and I look forward to seeing you when you're back :)
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Fiona, such a great idea.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I love the super-stylish card, but I'm really sad that you won't be blogging for a while, Fiona, and I'll really miss you. I don't mind hearing about your gutters, honestly! I do understand that if you aren't feeling the love, then a break is a good idea, but I really hope you come back to blogging with a renewed enthusiasm at some point.
    But we'll keep in touch, yes? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great Fiona, I do hope that you will swing by Less is More and say Hi from time to time even if you don't join in for a while!
    I shall look forward to your comeback, I always enjoy reading your posts, especially about your charity shop finds!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will miss you of course, especially your wit. I understand the need for a break though sometimes. Hopefully you will return all renewed and invigorated and ready to go. I will be here when you do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know exactly what you mean ... it's hard to write interesting posts about really uninteresting things ... I've been struggling with that lately too. Hope the break does you good ... but doesn't last too long ... we'll miss you :0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are so inventive Fiona. Where do you get your ideas?
    I understand about a break from blogging. Sometimes it just adds pressure to an already busy life. Enjoy your break but you'll be missed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. have a nice bloggy holiday, you might even miss it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the card.
    I for one will miss your blogging. I enjoy your forays into charity shops and the photography.
    Hope you are back with us soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cleverly done. Enjoy your break. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, love how cute and simple it is.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!