MIAM

MIAM

Monday 27 February 2012

New Boots and .....

....a card. I'm somewhat behind with February photo-a-day due to working 44hrs in the last four days. So here is my late photo for 23rd February-Your Shoes (or in my case, boots!) I bought these in November, so they are my newest footwear and I love them.




Onto the card, which I'm entering into three challenges this week.



Less is More - Don't Scrap It
Raise The Bar- Purple, Green and One other colour
Stamptacular Sunday challenge - photo inspiration
(below)


I used my new Woodware bunting stamps, created a sentiment in Word using Dear Joe font and faux stitched the 'ribbon'. I am very pleased with my new purchase and it's possible to knock up a very quick card with these stamps which is great if you have forgotten a birthday or suchlike.

For those of you who realised what the post title alluded to, apparently Ian Dury like me, had a habit of buying second hand clothes and Boots and Panties were the only items he insisted on buying new. (What a fascinating factoid, I hear you say!) Like Ian, I would'nt buy my knickers second hand and although I would not be averse to S/H shoes I've yet to find any that fit me. I'm hoping to get some chazza shopping therapy tomorrow, so I'll let you know if that changes.

I'm off out now for a meal with a couple of friends in Haywards Heath, enjoy your week.


Thanks again for your kind words.
Fiona x

19 comments:

  1. I love those boots! 44 hours in 4 days? You definitely need some rest and a good charity shop rummage. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the colors and banners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks superb Fiona... your boots look pretty neat too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, the colours are gorgeous. Love my charity shops too but I agree I draw the line at "pre-used knickers"!!!!!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous boots, your legs look a mile long, even though we can only see the second halves!
    Pretty card too - after sewing 100 miles of bunting, it's nice to see someones else's!
    I did NOT know that about Ian Dury (I have a horrible habit of adding "...and panties" if anyone mentions new boots. It causes some odd looks from the younger generation...)
    I am perfectly happy with secondhand footwear, and have bought some great secondhand bras - Freya, my unusual size, looked unworn - £1.25 each, what a bargain! Pants? Nah, not so much... Though there were a few donated to our jumble, believe it or not - clearly they'd seen better days, one was a large thong. They went in the bin. It may have been the same lady who donated the "How to tickle his pickle" book. My friend bought that! Hahaha! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely fabulous card!! love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card...but I do like banners! The boots are FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet card - love the sentiment too about flying the flags - perfect us of the colors!. Thanks for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh no new shoes since November...!!
    My husband would think there was something wrong with me lol
    Super photos
    Your card is a stunner, love the colours Fiona

    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there anything worse than wearing other people's knickers? Probably.

    Someone's cardis have been under their arm pits and yet we don't worry about that!!

    Love the card and hope the job's going well.

    Toodle oo

    Jakix

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab bunting Fiona - thank goodness you've chosen to show us your new boots and not your new knickers! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your banner card Fiona and you're right, it's a very versatile design. Your boots are gorgeous - I have to get boots I can hike about in! Didn't know that about the Ian Dury album title! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and love the boots too, I have a similar pair......I have lots....I have TOO many :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab card, really stunning
    love the c&s look
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
    hugs
    céline dt member

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, and I like the 'new home' one you did in your previous post too. I didn't know that about Ian Dury's 'New Boots and Panties' title - very interesting. I did / do like Ian Dury's songs - especially 'Billericay Dickie', as I used to live in Billericay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card and the boots too! Thanks for joining us this week at Raise The Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw your banner card over at Less is More challenge and it caught my eye. Great way to use scrapsl. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bunting Fiona, a great way to use up your scraps :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!