MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 16 January 2010

RSS Fan....tastic



These are the 'ingredients' for the current RSS challenge. My fan was made using the template on the blog and apart from the design paper, all other materials came from my stash.





The pretty floral paper came from K & Co and I covered four pieces of the fan with this. Next I printed four pretty ladies from a Debbi Moore CD rom and cut these out using a small oval nestie. I framed the ladies with tiny flowers which were punched out, (I had to do 48, phew!) and used Liquid Pearls for the centres. The other three pieces were stamped with a very old heart stamp from Penny Black, sentiments by Hobby Art and Clear Choice and a swirl from Artemio. All pieces were inked around the edges with red ink and a strip of lace added.
To finish off, I made a tassel with some embroidery thread.





I enjoyed making something a bit different, RSS come up with some great idea's. At least I won't be swooning this summer now I have a fan! (Some hopes!)




Looking forward to my class at The Craft Barn tomorrow, where hopefully I will learn about colouring and shading. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Thanks for taking a look.
Fiona x

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, wow Fiona! This is sooo beautiful and inventive - a fantastic idea! I love how you've created the little tassel and the colours are lovely! Have a nice weekend. :)
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Fiona !!! This is amazing !!!! LOVE it!!!
    Thanks for playing
    hugs,
    isaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic project Fiona, I really love this Debbi Moore CD Rom and have now added it to my wishlist!
    Really beautiful,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwww ! Fiona i love it.
    Very very beautiful
    Thanks for playing.
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waouh!!!!!!!!or wow!!!!!!!
    fantastic or in french I say "sublime"!!!!!bizz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Fiona, what a beautiful fan! So much work has gone into this and I love the vintage ladies and all the pretty flowers and lace. You're going to be cool and elegant in the the summer :D. Hope you enjoyed your class at the CB. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty fan Fiona,I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhhh so beautiful Fiona! SImply Gorgeous! Love the colours, love the images, love how you've put it all together.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful fan, pretty papers and images xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is gorgeous!!! All those diddy flowers...I am impressed X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fan Fiona. I love the colours that you have used. It was well worth punching out the flowers they look great.
    Hope you had fun at your class.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowee! Don't know how I missed this! It's an absolute stunner.
    Still to do mine as bogged down with DT work at the moment. Hope to have a go soon though.
    Hope you enjoyed your class too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, your fan is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a really eyecatcher! SO beauty and you've done it so well;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!