MIAM

MIAM

Sunday 6 December 2009

RSS Xmas Banner-3rd piece

Hello again,
Here are the 'ingredients' for the 3rd piece of the Ready Steady Stamp challenge. When all the pieces are put together at the end of the challenge just before christmas it will form a banner.
Here is my latest effort. I know it's a shocking photo, but the weather has been so grim and it's so difficult to get good light.
I put the bottom white layer through the cuttlebug in the 'swirls' folder and then gave it a light swipe over with distress ink on cut'n'dry. For the red top layer I gold embossed all around the edges of the triangle and stamped my new swirl stamp randomly and embossed that too with gold E.P. Next I stamped a very old bauble stamp by Rubber Stampede, also in gold E.P. and gave it the glitter treatment. I cut this out and mounted it on the red layer using sticky fixers and stuck a border peel-off behind it so it looked like it was dangling, and then tied a bow in gold cord and stuck it to the top of the bauble. Finally I added a layer of organza ribbon to the top of the triangle, which I heated with the heat gun to make it go a little bit curly and then I pleated it and added a few sequins.

Thanks for looking.
Fiona x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant! thanks for playing with us again,
    isaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh wow, this is lovely Fiona! I love the little gold bauble and the sequins really set it off, I love it! :)
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very smart and "festive" banner! lovely bauble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another winner Fiona, you certainly have some lovely ideas.

    Eunice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fiona! Another gorgeous penant for your banner, it really is a beauty and I love the hanging bauble. I still have to my next ones, yikes, must get to it. Hope you're well and getting there with Christmas :)! Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO beautiful, your colours red and white is so beautiful especially in this one;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!