MIAM

MIAM

Saturday 21 November 2009

Red White and Green























Hello Folks,
I've been absent from Blogland for a couple of weeks, what with one thing and another life has been a bit full-on lately. Also I've been trying to get on with my xmas cards but still have 20 to do. Hopefully I can do some more tonight.
Anyway, this is my latest creation which I will enter into The Colour Create Challenge which has a theme of red, white and green.
The Holly stamp on the inside of the card is by Stampendous and I coloured the image with watercolour pencils and 'stickled' the berries. Half of the front of the card was cut off and I covered this with paper from the 'Seasons Greetings' cd by Artylicious, and edged one side with the red polka dot ribbon. Next I matted and layered two ovals which were cut and embossed on the 'bug and did some faux stitching on the white one. (not a patch on Christine Dark's stitching tho') Then I added a poinsettia which I embossed with a brass stencil and light box, I'd almost forgotten I had these items so it was nice to use them again. I drew some veins on the leaves with a quickie glue pen and sprinkled on some crystal glitter for a frosty effect and popped a blingy brad in the centre. The final touch was a sentiment mounted on some red card.
Thanks for looking.
Fiona x

4 comments:

  1. Really lovely card Fiona, your poinsettia is gorgeous.
    Love Sarita xx
    PS: You can get Kraft card from www.craftsulove.co.uk, www.elzybells.co.uk or from a Stampin Up demonstrator. Mind you they do differ in shade. My fave has to the Stampin Up. Hope this helps Fiona,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love how you've incorporated lots of different techniques on it. Great paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona! Love your card and the stiching on your oval looks real to me :). The holly stamping, paper and layered pointsettia are all beautiful, it's such a stylish card. Thank you for asking, my Dad is doing well now but still taking it easy. Glad you joined in on CC and I hope you finished your Christmas cards, if so, can you tell me your secret :D, I have a ton to make!!! Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again a lovely card Fiona and lots of techniques.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!