MIAM

MIAM

Friday 23 October 2009

RSS Challenge



This is my entry for the Ready Steady Stamp Challenge No.8. The 'ingredients' this time were:-
1. Lilac, Black and Silver
2. Snowflakes
3. Crackle
4. A skinny (2" x 4")
5. The letter C
Not sure I made the correct use of the skinny as I hadn't heard of this before but hey-ho. All cardstock was from my stash and the letter C was cut out using my Eazi template and stamped with an ancient PSX stamp. After this I covered it with Versamark and clear E.P. and embossed the entire letter. I repeated this process about 8 times as I don't have UTEE. It then went in the freezer for a while, once removed I cracked the embossing in several places. I first saw this technique in a magazine, but have never tried it until now.
The beautiful lady is an image from a Debbi Moore cd rom and the skinny was stamped with a Penny Black Music Pattern image and then embossed with silver E.P. and distressed. A few more snowflakes were stamped around the edges of the card and I added a few peel-offs. The finishing touch was a black ribbon. Hope you like it.
TFL, Fiona x

15 comments:

  1. Very beautiful piece, Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful Fiona. The layout is so clever and the use of the lovely image combined with the letter works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really know some fantastic techniques Fiona..LOVE this cracked effect. Love the image as well, and what fab stamping too,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. waouhhhhhhhhhhhh très jolie réalisation

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Fiona and very elegant! The image is gorgeous and I love the cracked glass technique on the letter. I've never heard of a skinny before either but yours looks wonderful. Hope you're well and have had a good weekend so far. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - so simple and pretty - I must try that freezing technique myself, looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful card! good idea the photo in the letter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful - love the way you have the C surrounding the picture! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant idea using the freezer. A very elegant card, I love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. waouh !!!!!!! love the picture in the C !!! so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your very beatiful card, well done.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  12. So elegant! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! The cracked glass technique worked really well on your letter C and it's a great frame for that lovely vintage image!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop me a line if you've time!